What kind of glue should I use for my project?
The first thing to consider when choosing glue is the project you are planning to do.
We divide our range of glues into three areas of use:
- Arts and craft - for decorative work
- Fix and repair - for projects at home
- Installation - for large projects
Next step is to choose the glue stick best suited for the material you are working with. Glue sticks are available in many different types but in general they can be divided into two groups; universal glue and specialty glue.
Universal glue is, as the name implies, universal. They can be used on a wide variety of materials and come in many different colours. The specialty glue is designed for a specific material, for example glue for metal, leather or wood. They have a better adhesive strength as they are designed for that specific material.
Size of glue sticks
You will also discover that there are different dimensions to glue sticks. If you followed the two steps above, then the dimension is already set. Just make sure that the glue gun you select is designed for this size.
There are three difference glue sizes, 12 mm, 7 mm and oval, here’s how it works:
- 12 mm glue sticks are the standard size. Glue sticks for Installation and Fix and repair are all 12 mm.
- 7 mm glue sticks allow for precision gluing due to a smaller glue output. You will get perfect control of the glue needed for arts and craft.
- Oval glue sticks are designed for lower temperatures (up to 130 degrees C). Ideal for doing arts and craft on heat sensitive material, such as glass and balloons.
It's important to note that a glue gun for 12 mm glue stick only takes 12 mm glue sticks, and the same for 7 mm and oval.