How do I use a riveter?
Fixing with rivets is easy. In a few, quick steps you will get a tight, secure and permanent bond.
1. Measure the thickness of the two materials to be fixed together. Select the suitable rivet size. View our guide to choose the right rivet size.
2. Use the drill bit provided with your rivets to make a hole with the required diameter through the materials being fixed together.
3. Open the handles of the riveter and insert the thin end of the rivet in the nozzle. If you don't have a Multi Nozzle riveter you need to make sure the nozzle matches the rivet diameter.
4. When the rivet is in the nozzle, slightly squeeze the handles together to grip the rivet. Then place the head of the rivet in the pre-drilled hole.
5. Close the handles of the riveter several times until the axis pin of the rivet breaks. Now the parts are fixed together.